Insurance.com, based in Solon, Ohio, is the nation’s largest online auto insurance agency. Consumers answer just one set of questions, and then compare rates from over a dozen leading companies. They can then buy their policy online or over the phone, saving hundreds of dollars in the process. Our primary focus is auto insurance; however we also give our consumers the opportunity to purchase additional insurance such as home, life and health. |
Insurance.com requires an experienced Accounting Manager who has the desire, motivation and work ethic to become a leader in the company. This individual will be offering direction and guidance to other departments and must have the ability to work on cross functional teams to achieve results. A wide degree of creativity and independent thinking is expected in this role. This individual must feel comfortable challenging ideas and opinions to create solutions which will move the company forward.
This position has first line responsibility for general accounting, accounts payable, payroll and financial reporting. The position includes preparation and analysis of actual and forecasted financial information; preparation of operating results and statistics; development and implementation of system and operation improvements; special projects which require technical expertise; a comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting and staff management.
- Manages accounting staff to provide accurate, timely accounting and reporting of Insurance.com's operations and financial status while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for review of daily and monthly accounting entries, monthly closing of the general ledger and preparation and analysis of general ledger account schedules.
- Assists in development of operational improvements to ensure effective, least-cost and efficient processes are implemented.
- Compares performance with operating plans and interprets results to various levels of
- Assists with coordination and monitoring of portions of the planning process.
- Assures that duties, responsibilities and authority of staff position are defined and communicated; assure that qualified personnel are selected and trained when needed.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Manages assigned staff. Provides coaching, counseling and creates a plan for cross-training and succession planning.
- Manages the accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Executes special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting.
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience; accomplishing a higher than staff level position or 5-7 years of relevant experience, including responsibility for general ledger, financial reporting or equivalent.
- Managerial experience with excellent supervisory skills.
- Able to apply knowledge of GAAP principles to daily functions and accounting processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes health, life, dental, disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401 (k) with a company match. In addition we offer a comfortable, casual work environment, free parking, and on-site gym facilities, with locker rooms and showers.
- Sound working knowledge of accounting internal controls.
- Experience in accounts payable, payroll and fixed assets.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems; demonstrated ability to use systems including personal computer-based packages. MAS500 experience preferred.
Workstream Inc. - 16 months ago