Responsible for providing professional level fiscal and administrative support to the Accounting Department.
- Will assist and backup the Accounts Payable staff.
- Will assist the Accounting department in supervising student workers.
- Will be responsible for recurring monthly accounting journal entries.
- Evaluates questions/situations presented by staff, faculty, students and others as to action necessary.
- Provides customer support and directs inquiries, including telephone inquiries.
- Performs clerical/secretarial duties as necessary for the Accounting department.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Two to four years of general administrative secretarial/clerical experience.
- Good typing skills, minimum 50 – 60 wpm, with computer word processing and spreadsheet experience.
- Possess advanced skill and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to deal effectively with others at all levels within an organization.
- Attuned to internal “politics”.
- Able to remain calm, objective, and in control in stressful situations.
- Able to set priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Adaptable; able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be customer oriented with excellent phone, communication and interpersonal skills.
Have the ability to organize time, work with shifting priorities and be a self-starter.
Be a team worker is essential in this position.
Houston Baptist University - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard