Skilled accounting professional/analyst to support audit readiness and other federal financial management analytical activities. This individual is self-motivated and possesses the ability to work independently and in a team environment, interact with all levels of leadership as well as multi-task several challenging tasks in a rapidly evolving environment. Ideal candidate possesses strategic and critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communications skills and a strong analytical capability.
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or other discipline relevant to management of large, complex programs. Five years’ relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements .. Statistical and Quantitative methods experience highly desirable. CPA and/or CGFM highly desirable.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in performing and participating in engagements, specific experience in key project areas: preparing federal and non-federal accounts payable accruals, accounting and reporting for real property and leases that include leasehold improvements, and preparing research position papers to evaluate, justify, and support GAAP and USSGL-compliant policies and procedures.
Proficiency in Excel, Access, and CAS financial reporting suite required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting Personnel II provides technical knowledge in their area of expertise, works individually and on teams to support the completion of project specific tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints and interfaces with the client on a day-to-day basis. In addition, an Accounting Personnel II applies their specific expertise to the practical issues they identify or those presented by the client.
Specifically, Accounting Personnel II will be responsible for performing duties as they relate to:
- Reviewing accounting data to identify the required accruals and other adjustments needed in order to comply with the Federal Financial Accounting Standards and audit requirements;
- Conducting quarterly vendor confirmations;
- Preparing accounting entries for both CAS and TIER;
- Performing look-back analyses;
- Executing quality assurance procedures to validate the accuracy of financial reporting;
- Executing subject matter statistical expertise for sampling and estimates projection;
- Reviewing leases and real estate obligations, determining their real property disposition, and monitoring and recording their financial reporting impact; and
- Conducting as-needed analysis and writing GAAP-based and USSGL-compliant research papers.
AOC Solutions - 8 months ago
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...