DMS recruits candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect the DMS Core Values of:
* Quality in Delivering Solutions,
* Integrity in Conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our Customer’s Mission.
The Accounting Services Lead will be responsible for the oversight and effective operations of the accounting and finance function to include all program and executive reports. The role will encompass 3 primary areas: 1) accounting, financial management, and payroll using GCS Premier, 2) Compliance of financial reporting in line with DCAA standards, 3) Monitoring of indirect rates, preparation of rate submissions to DCAA as well as timely and appropriate allocation of revenue and expenses according to GAAP standards. The candidate must possess superior verbal and written communication skills and have experience with federal contracting as well as the following summarized required abilities:
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software packages specifically with Deltek GCS Premier and/or Deltek Time & Expense;
- Proficiency with general ledger, job costing, GAAP, FAR, and DCAA compliance requirements; ability to apply GAAP, FAR and other accounting principles;
- Proficiency with Budget & Projections;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other office applications;
- Strong problem solving aptitude; must be able to analyze needs and leverage accounting systems for value added accounting systems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Perform financial analysis on assigned contracts; assist with compiling and developing budgets, perform calculations for revenue projections;
- Accounts payable, travel & expense reporting experience (JTR), account reconciliations
- Hands-on billing experience, unbilled analysis, project set-up, prepare annual cost submissions; utilize WAWF; assist with m/e close and financial reports; FAR and DCAA regulations;
- Prepare budgets and monitor against budgets;
- Process accounts payable, contract billing, handle indirect rates, contract revenue calculations, cost accumulation; review billings under all government projects; prepare monthly financial statements;
- Setup contracts in GCS Premier; maintain funding and contract value figures for assigned contracts;
- Ensure proper Project Labor Codes are used for contracts;
- Assist with preparation of reports for contract renewals and modifications;
- Coordinate adequate invoicing and payroll processing;
- Prepare the balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position;
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities;
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameter;
- Monitor compliance with GAAP, FAR and DCAA.
- Seasoned professional with leadership and a collaborative style
- Adapt to changing assignments and situations in a positive manner and s open to new ideas
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate creative solutions
- Company Indirect cost pool structure
- Monthly closeout procedures and guidelines
- Revised and analyzed a daily forecast of the daily cash flow and assist company’s daily expenses.
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Analyzed the company division structure and set-up a more flexible but more efficient reporting.
- Set up company accruals and prepaid accounts in the system to ensure more accurate and efficient monthly close-out.
- Work closely with officers and program managers to assist in reports and issues at hand.
- Analyzed and assist with new accounting principles and guidelines to ensure an up to date accounting file system.
DMS International - 14 months ago