Directs and manages centralized accounting activities for the Company, including Accounts Payable, Credit and Accounts Receivable and Payroll. This includes all Test North America vendor payments, wire transfer, employee expense reimbursements, credit issuance, cash application and collection. Ensure compliance with Company policies and all external regulations. Ensure proper audit and reconciliation practices and procedures are in place. Implement, modify, test and administer business system applications. Lead initiatives for productivity and service-level improvements.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Plan and manage work processes and procedures for Accounts Payable to ensure the accurate, timely and efficient verification, posting and payment of authorized Accounts Payable disbursement requests, including wire transfers and employee expense reimbursements, in accordance with Company policy and related regulations. Establish and monitor controls to evaluate department performance. Interface with KPMG auditors to provide any requested documentation.
2. Plan and manage work processes and procedures to ensure MTS customers pay invoices within terms for payment. Where appropriate negotiate payment plans with customers outside the contractual terms. Ensures correct bad debt allowance forecast. Authorizes all allowances and bad debt write-offs. Provide general reporting on the status of accounts receivable. Interface with KPMG auditors to provide any requested documentation.
3. Responsible for establishing and managing the enforcement of appropriate credit standards for MTS customers and utilizing standards to minimize risk to MTS of bad debt and write offs.
4. When necessary provide guidance and direction to Payroll. Manage the timely preparation of regulatory filings, including federal and state income tax withholding returns for all U.S. locations, Forms 1099 and W-2, and Canadian tax filings in compliance with all applicable regulations. Stay current on new rate, laws and reporting regulations.
5. Process owner for all SOX related to A/P and A/R. Identify all potential risk areas for each process, collaborate with the Internal Audit Team to ensure all controls are appropriately designed and written to mitigate risk. Train all employees to understand their responsibility for SOX compliance. Ensure all controls are adhered to, verifying/signing/completing the necessary action and retaining records. If a deficiency or significant deficiency arises, formulate and act on a plan to mitigate the deficiency, working closely with internal audit. Interface with both internal and external auditors (KPMG) for SOX audits. Maintain and safeguard all AR and AP records in accordance with Company record retention policy.
6. Lead and coordinate systems planning, development, and implementation of business system applications. Develop training programs to ensure consistency of business system application by end users.
• Identify and communicate SAP processing issues to the ISST department and follow up to resolution. Define requirements for systems-related requests. Supervise user testing to support SAP upgrades or configuration changes. Ensure data integrity, including proper 1099 designation in vendor master records.
7. Communicate and interact effectively with Company personnel to convey disbursement policy, credit policy and procedure requirements. Manage content of department intranet websites to maintain current information. Manage relationships with other departments (e.g. HR, Purchasing, Finance, ISST) to coordinate work efforts and resolve problems.
8. Develop and establish practices to plan and use financial resources economically. Identify, recommend and
implement process improvements to increase effectiveness. Document department policies and procedures. Lead Company and department initiatives on behalf of the AR and AP departments.
9. Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing of the disbursement and accounts receivable systems. Establish and maintain a process to ensure amounts owed to vendors, employees and others are accurately recorded in the proper fiscal period in accordance with Company policy and GAAP requirements. Oversee monthly reconciliations of assigned account balances. Prepare correcting journal entries and establish procedures or provide training to prevent erroneous postings of disbursement transactions.
10. Responsible for the on-going management and development of assigned employees. Determines staffing and skill requirements to meet departmental needs, and implements plans to satisfy those requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting-related field, and five years of accounts receivable, payable and payroll experience.
• Two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Basic knowledge of finance department operations and reporting requirements, including generally accepted accounting principles related to disbursement activity
• Good analytical ability
• Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and integrated computer applications for AP/Purchasing and Payroll. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...