MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures.
MTS is currently seeking an Accounting Services Manager. This individual will direct and manage centralized accounting activities for the company, including Accounts Payable, Credit and Accounts Receivable and Payroll. Responsibilities include all Test North America vendor payments, wire transfers, employee expense reimbursements, credit issuance, cash applications and collections. The Accounting Services Manager will ensure compliance with company policies and external regulations, and that proper audit and reconciliation practices are in place. In addtion, the Manager will lead initiatives for productivity and service-level improvements.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Plan and manage work processes and procedures for Accounts Payable. Establish and monitor controls to evaluate department performance. Interface with auditors to provide any requested documentation.
2. Plan and manage work processes and procedures to ensure MTS customers pay invoices within terms for payment. Negotiate payment plans with customers outside the contractual terms. Authorize all allowances and bad debt write-offs. Provide general reporting on the status of accounts receivable.
3. Establish and manage the enforcement of appropriate credit standards for MTS customers and utilizing standards to minimize risk of bad debt and write offs.
4. Provide guidance and direction to Manage the timely preparation of regulatory filings.
5. Manage process for all SOX related to A/P and A/R.
6. Lead and coordinate systems planning, development, and implementation of business system applications. Develop training programs to ensure consistency of business system application by end users.
7. Communicate disbursement policy, credit policy and procedure requirements.
8. Identify, recommend and implement process improvements to increase effectiveness.
9. Ensure timely and accurate monthly closing of the disbursement and accounts receivable systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting-related field, and five years of accounts receivable, payable and payroll experience.
• Two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Basic knowledge of finance department operations and reporting requirements, including generally accepted accounting principles related to disbursement activity
• Good analytical ability
• Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and integrated computer applications for AP/Purchasing and Payroll. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 23 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...