Proactively manages payroll, A/P, A/R, billing, and credit and
collections functions across lines of business. Provides leadership to ensure that future Company growth is supported through scalable processes and procedures. Identifies and drives continuous improvement, internal control, and automation initiatives in support of corporate strategies. Provides general accounting and reporting including accounting close activities, financial analysis and reporting, and manages compliance related activities. Ensure the accuracy,
validity, and completeness of financial reporting related to the areas of oversight.
Ownership of shared services functions, including:
- Builds scalable team capabilities through training, efficiencies,
automation, process and procedure re-engineering, recruitment and development of motivated team members with strong skill sets and experience.
- Creates efficient and error free environment through appropriate oversight, monitoring, and reporting maintaining effective internal controls.
- Direct management and oversight of outsourced payroll,
timekeeping, reporting, and compliance related activities including trouble-shooting, problem-solving. System administrator for all payroll related systems.
- Direct management and oversight of daily, weekly, and monthly accounts payable processes including: processing vendor invoices, maintenance of vendor records, compliance with company policy and legal requirements with
goal of maximizing cash flows and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Performs month-end close procedures including system interfaces, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other duties financial reporting duties.
- Management of audit support functions for 401(k), worker’s
compensation, and financial statement, and other audits.
- Performs due diligence work and integration of processes and systems of potential future acquired companies, including systems interfaces and integrations.
- Direct management and oversight of all billing, A/R functions, and credit and collections with the goals of accuracy, timeliness, and maximizing cash flow.
- Ensures the accuracy, validity, and timeliness of all payroll, A/P, and A/R related tax filings, garnishments, and tax issuances (such as the annual W-2s & 1099s) in compliance with tax and other government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required with solid knowledge of GAAP. Financial close experience preferred.
- Sarbanes-Oxley, HRIS and Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of wage and hour regulations related to
payroll processing, payroll taxes, confidentiality, garnishments, and other related compliance issues.
- Strong Oracle and advanced Hyperion Essbase skills including
system implementations and integration.
- Experience with ADP payroll system including setup and interface activities with other Accounting and HR systems.
- 8 - 10 years progressive responsibility in large (250 plus EEs), multi-state payroll, including significant hourly employee base. Minimum 5 years accounting or shared services management experience.
- Strong organizational, time management, and process improvement skills, with multi-tasking ability, strong client service focus, analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with customer service approach.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Newgistics, Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard