JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the Accounting Services department. Ensures that effectiveness and efficiency along with accuracy is maintained within parameters of assigned responsibilities. Must comply with established policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Assumes responsibility for performing assigned support functions ; i ncluding but not limited to:
Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving/documenting problems or discrepancies pertaining to assigned duties.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination of responsibilities with department personnel and management.
- Daily review/mailing of invoices.
- Timely entry of new customer set-ups once approved by collection analyst.
- Credit card processing.
- On-line keying of customer invoices on specific “cloud” systems.
- Problem coding of credits/invoices.
- Prepare checks for daily deposit.
- Assist cash ap with daily lockbox receipts.
- Assist with escheat account management.
- Routine department supply purchases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Regular contact to convey information and/or correct transactions relating to responsibilities.
- Assists department personnel as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by extending accurate and timely assistance relating to month end closings, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume office environment.
- Experience working in a team environment producing positive results.
- Must be flexible, dependable, punctual and organized.
- High concentration is required as attention to minute details and accuracy need to be maintained.
- Spontaneous thinking and decision making skills.
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above.
- High school graduate with college studies preferred.
- Course work or training in the principles of accounting.
- Experience/exposure cash application, credit and accounts payable environment.
- Familiarity with "cloud" data entry.
EnerSys Delaware Inc. - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -
EnerSys' batteries are there when industrial-strength power is needed. The company makes stationary industrial batteries that provide...