About American National Insurance Co.
Chartered in 1905, American National Insurance Company has evolved into an industry leader, ranking among the largest of life insurance companies in the United States. Directly and through subsidiaries, the company offers a broad line of insurance products and services, including life insurance, annuities, health insurance, property and casualty, credit insurance, and pension plan services.
For over 100 years, American National Insurance Company has been a leader and innovator in the insurance industry and is one of the most respected and financially sound insurers in the United States. If you are seeking a position with a stable yet growing company and opportunity for career progression, American National is the place to be.
We are seeking a professional, career-oriented individual for the position of Accounting Specialist.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Analyze premium requests, determine proper methods in efficiently and accurately applying premiums associated with Life Insurance Services and Career Sales and Service Division, according to company procedures
- Process premium collections including but not limited to: lockbox payments, premium payments, loan payments, reinstatements, disbursements, address changes, etc.
- Train other staff members and assist team members daily with problem solving and resolutions
- Two year Associates Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience within Finance or Banking
- Insurance experience desired
- Written and verbal correspondence
- Data entry experience required with minimal errors
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions
- Create and maintain production reports
American National Family of Companies - 16 months ago