ANPAC is currently looking for an Accounting Specialist in our Accounting division. There are two parts to this position. Part of the time will be spent creating data files to update clients’ accounts for premium payments and cash letters for related daily bank deposits and balancing reports. This includes underwriting referrals and documentation compliant with company billing policies. The end result is to process payments and update customer accounts in an accurate and timely manner to avoid interruption in coverage and to meet or exceed company goals for customer service and MLGA support. The remaining time will be spent working with reports generated by our mainframe for claims, premium, and cash suspense systems. The goal is to insure that the various systems are in balance, records are processed fully and logically and the general ledger is accurately updated to provide on-time financial reporting.
DUTIES INCLUDED :
· Work closely with PPS and Underwriting to resolve errors related to processing premium payments.
· Quickly analyze payment history and have an understanding of the billing system and cash files which includes Easy Pay and MAP.
· Research payment transactions on the Web Archive and/or Image Management System.
· Jointly responsible for accurate and timely posting of daily incoming premium payments from internal lock box and other premium payments from agents, mortgage or title companies, and overnight or express mail.
· Jointly responsible for operation of remittance processing system network including opening and archiving lock box payments using OPEX mail scanner/extractor and includes ensuring that essential supporting documentation and payment information is archived or referred to underwriting.
· Access Mainframe policy system.
· Participate in maintenance of records in cash file, updating or working existing records in related cash queues including Paris and the cash release folder.
· Review mail and classify payments by document groups; identifying exception payments requiring research, correspondence, or referral to other divisions.
· Correctly handle payment processing by company, state, and lines of business.
· Maintenance cleaning of OPEX equipment.
· Document organization and/or filing.
· Web Archive and Image Management System document retrieval.
· Return unidentifiable or non-negotiable checks.
· Responsible for weekly and monthly reconciliations of assigned bank statements, analyzing discrepancies, and taking appropriate action.
· Responsible for monthly reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
· Responsible for general ledger coding for manual checks using proper general ledger account numbers, company, state, line-of-business, and cost centers.
· Assist in stop payments on claims checks for eight companies.
· Provide backup for balancing of daily premium admin reports and daily claims systems reports for salvage and subrogation deposits for eight companies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School degree and one year related accounting experience. College accounting courses preferred.
· Knowledge of general accounting and banking procedures with ability to use analytical and reconciliation skills.
· A proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
· Strong 10-key and keyboarding skills.
· Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet daily deadlines.
· Accuracy and speed are required.
· Ability to remain vigilant in duties even while performing repetitious tasks.
· Team worker needed.
American National Family of Companies - 19 months ago