Provide Accounting, Accounts Payable and other office assistance to the Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Liaison with State area and field offices regarding time sheets, coding and other timekeeping matters.
2. Act as a resource for State and field offices regarding time off requests, benefits questions and vacation hours balances.
3. Enter timesheets into Lawson system, produce reports and maintain timesheet filing system and other duties as directed by companywide payroll office. Validate General Ledger coding provided on time cards, review timecards and overall data entry for errors and reasonableness.
4. Prepare summary payroll report for operations managers to include time worked, OT, vacation taken, sick time taken, other time taken.
5. Reconcile each employee’s vacation and sick time from time sheets to approved requests and balances in financial system.
B. Accounts Payable Backup
1. Coordinate receipt of vendor invoices and expense reimbursements from field offices.
2. Validate coding, account numbers and sufficiency of back-up on vendor invoices and expense reimbursements.
3. Check vendor statements against internal records to validate balances due.
4. Match PO’s to vendor invoices and notify Controller of any discrepancies.
5. Prepare quarterly payments listing of eligible tap reimbursements.
6. Submit accounts payable documents for Controller review and appropriate approvals.
7. Enter vendor invoices and expense reimbursements into Lawson system in batches.
8. Obtain batch signoffs from Controller.
9. Coordinate with corporate accounts payable office regarding new vendors, check requests, vendor payment status and other AP matters as directed.
10. Answer appropriate AP information requests from field offices and vendors. Assist field offices in resolving any vendor discrepancies.
11. Oversee the Company’s Procurement Card (P-card) program documentation and reconciliation. Manage State Office P - card payments of utilities and the accounts paid.
12. Produce AP reports and participate in other AP projects as directed.
C. General Accounting
13. Assist in General Close duties including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and other compilations as requested/directed.
14. Manage the State mobile phone account.
15. Other accounting projects as assigned
Candidate must possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills and have a general understanding accounting practices. Must be able to work with little supervision. Must have extensive computer experience, including Excel and other spreadsheet software is required.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, with a minimum of 2 years of general office experience is required. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree and 3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience will be considered.
Aqua America helps keep water clean and people quenched. It is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water distribution and...