With around 16,000 employees at more than 65 locations, the Bayer U.S. organization is the largest within the Bayer Group. Under the umbrella of Bayer Corporation, the U.S. holding company, Bayer markets the entire spectrum of its portfolio. Bayer Corporation encompasses the corporate-center functions that support Bayer subgroups in North America: Bayer CropScience, Bayer Healthcare and Bayer MaterialScience. Bayer Corporation departments include Accounting, Corporate Communications, Internal Audit, Law and Patents, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax and Treasury.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". External Accounting General Ledger Acctg We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibility of this role is to act as a team lead for General Ledger (GL) activities within the Central Accounting (CA) group.
- Possess a full understanding and working knowledge of the SAP financial system FI module and related sub-ledgers, interfaces with ad hoc systems affecting GL transactions, and knowledge of the Workflow Posting Assistant (WPA), Provision tool and the Runbook Closing tool;
- Ensure adequate internal accounting controls are in place for GL Accounting processes;
- Ensure GL activities and financial data are in compliance with group policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and meets both internal and external audit standards;
- Be a key contact for internal and external auditors and a primary contact to the Shared Service Organization (SSO) Front Office (FO) for General Ledger inquires and requests;
- Be the US subject matter expert on GL topics, and will interface with Global Accounting GPO on process improvements and demand management requests;
- Demonstrate technical and operational leadership by actively participating or leading special projects, system migrations, implementations of new Bayer acquisitions into the relevant systems, and divestitures activities as needed.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field with 6+ years of pertinent F&A experience, or MBA/MS with 3+ years of pertinent F&A experience; or 12-15 years applicable business experience;
- In-depth knowledge of internal controls, International Financial Reporting Standards, and detailed knowledge of Bayer Group accounting and reporting requirements (BRIDGE and BKA);
- Commitment and demonstration of Bayer†s LIFE values;
- Excellent leadership skills including outwardly contributing to a positive working environment;
- Desire to lead projects and implement process improvements;
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and with people from various parts of the organization;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Competency with SAP FI / CO modules;
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Additional certifications of CMA or CPA are desirable.
Bayerjobs.com - 23 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...