Accounting Specialist 1-Ticket Auditor
Reports to: Location Manager
This position is responsible for completing accounting / financial transactions and includes tasks related to cash management and ticket handling. May handle these responsibilities for one or several facilities and will follow established practices and procedures to complete tasks. Provides customer-service as needed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Performs daily ticket audits and reports problems to management
• Prepares daily composite sheets and reports discrepancies to management
• Prepares and prints weekly ticket summary
• Reviews of credit card transactions and reconciliation to the credit card amounts recorded by the credit card processor.
• Reconciles revenue as reported by the cashier with the reports generated by the revenue control computer.
• Reviews each transaction tape generated by the revenue control computer at the end of each shift, paying particular attention to "clear out" and lost/damaged tickets on equipment.
• Reviews and makes copies of over rings, manual transactions and any other unusual transactions with proper explanations and supervisor approvals
• Ensures that all tickets and other documentation have been inventoried and turned in to the office.
• Ensures that the cash recorded by the cashier agrees with bank records
• Prepares of all reports as required and may make cash deposits to the bank
• Performs any other task deemed necessary by management
• Follows established policies and procedures to complete accounting/financial transactions with a high level of accuracy.
• Follows established policies and procedures to ensure that accounting/financial records for assigned area(s) of responsibility are accurate and up-to-date.
• Utilizes effective written and verbal communication skills to handle customer inquiries, research issues and resolve problems in an appropriate manner.
• Utilizes superior organizational skills to maintain financial records, correspondence files, etc.
• Associate's degree in accounting/business or equivalent experience
• At least one year of directly-related work experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Ten key by Touch
Physical / Cognitive Requirements:
• Able to follow established policies and procedures to complete work accurately and in a timely manner
• Able to complete mathematical calculations with high level of accuracy
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to share information and resolve problems
• Manual dexterity required to complete data entry, maintain files, utilize adding machine/calculator
• Able to bend, kneel, squat and or stretch in order to maintain document files
• Able to move or lift at least 10 pounds
Central Parking System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Central Parking System - 15 months ago