Responsible for facilitating the enterprise Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation (BSR) process, ensuring all accounts are reconciled with acceptable quality standards. Analyzes and interprets financial variances in conjunction with general ledger balance sheet accounts. Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, identifies trends, variances, and key issues and provides recommendations for adjustments. Responsible for conducting moderate to complex financial analysis and reporting. Prepares financial reports for executive presentation and discussion. Prepared reports are used for Board level discussion by Chief Accounting Officer. Acts as business owner for Account Reconciliation tool – AssureNET. Responsible for business requirements to drive tool enhancements. Facilitates quarterly BSR Peer Review process.
Support PMO responsibilities relating to the delivery of enterprise SOX function. Conduct audit testing of Enterprise and divisional controls to ensure control environment is maintained. Coordinate operational SOX control testing with Internal Audit and IT to ensure quality and completeness in tested results. Partner with external auditors - PwC, to drive enhancements to Cigna's control environment. Utilize sound project management practices to monitor and report progress and results. Manage matrix partners to deliver on SOX initiatives.
- Support end-to-end production processes related to Balance Sheet Reconciliation (BSR) completion/review, Quarterly Peer Reviews and quarterly Balance Sheet Exposure identification, analysis, summarization and reporting. Act as BSR Subject Matter Expert, conducting trainings on a quarterly basis and resolving issues with tools and process.
- Communicate, resolve & document balance sheet exposures on a quarterly basis with Accounting and Finance leads across the enterprise
- Partner with Segment Accounting Officers to lead and facilitate quarterly Balance Sheet Exposure calls with Chief Accounting Officer
- Support the integration of acquired entities to Cigna's SOX program
- Support the AssureNET account reconciliation tool, partnering with IT and the vendor to trouble-shoot issues.
- Support the Accounting transition to global service provider, ensuring account reconciliation and related processes are executed seamlessly and meet quality standards.
- Support Oracle upgrade, leading any required AssureNET changes
- Support evaluation of alternate account reconciliation tools to optimize cost and value to our financial processes
- Support planning, testing and evaluation of controls identified as part of the SOX 302 and 404 processes for the enterprise.
- Facilitate completion of internal/external representation letters in conjunction with our accounting processes
- Support SOX controls testing as needed, ensuring timely and complete documentation in Paisley, our SOX compliance tool.
- Partner with various SOX stakeholders to deliver on various SOX initiatives and comply with SOX requirements.
- Partner with Internal Audit and PwC, our external auditors, to support testing, assist in issue resolution & drive changes to SOX program resulting from PCAOB-driven findings.
- Implement improvements to Cigna's control environment
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit or related discipline and four or more years of Accounting/Finance experience; public accounting or industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of enterprise risk evaluation and controls
- Knowledge of Cigna products, services, processes and systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong matrix management skills
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills to all levels in the organization
- Independent and quick learner; a team player; motivated, proactive self-starter
- Six-sigma and project management certifications preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required; knowledge of AssureNET, Frontier, Paisley, MS Project and Visio desired
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....