Position opened: 09/20/13
Positon closed: 10/04/13 COB
Listing 3.06.02 v2
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. We do not typically sponsor H-1B visas. Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, PC is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Ashville and Charlotte, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources available.
We seek to hire an Accounting Specialist in our Norfolk Office who will be part of an accounting team responsible for supporting a large architectural and engineering firm.
General areas of involvement and responsibilities may include:
- Entry of Accounts Payable Vouchers (Trade, Consultants), proper project assignment, weekly payment processing of vouchers
- Obtaining and maintaining Small Business Self-Certification Forms, W9 forms and Certificate forms from Vendors / Consultants
- Assist Principals / Project Managers with contracts and invoices as needed
- Maintaining up-to-date filing of consultant invoices, contracts and amendments into vendor and contract files
- Maintaining Consultant spreadsheet(s)
- Reconciliation of Air Travel Transactions
- Reconciliation of Corporate Credit Cards
- Processing expense vouchers and expense advances for employees, including review of allowable/non-allowable expenses per IRS and FAR guidelines
- Processing cash receipts and assigning them to correct projects for client billing.
- Preparing sales and use tax filings for VA, DC, NC, GA, and TX
- Maintaining up-to-date filing of employee expense vouchers and vendor invoices
- Monitor employee Advance Ledger with General Ledger
- Providing word-processing, data entry, copying, scanning, printing and other general administrative support functions as needed in support of the Controller and Accounting Manager,
- Providing back-up support to other activities within the department such as billing, payroll, and travel
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Accounting Software (Deltek Vision preferred)
- MS Excel (ADVANCED SKILLS STRONGLY PREFERRED)
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
Minimum 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE DESIRED
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- Certificate in Accounting
- Associates degree in Accounting
- Certified Bookkeeper (CB)
- Certified Design Firm Administrator (CDFA)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Newforma Project Center
Additional consideration will be given to:
- Applicants who have prior experience working in an architectural, engineering, or construction firm
- Applicants who have a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping
Other Criteria and Considerations
The ideal candidate will:
- Live locally or have local ties to the area
- Present an organized application and resume. Affirmative answers to relevant experience questions in the application should be clearly backed up in the application itself and within your resume (which can be attached).
- Possess good communication skills. (Your online application and resume will be reviewed for written communication skills, completeness, and attention to detail.)
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Clark Nexsen - 18 months ago