Job Posting |
We are seeking Accounting Specialists of all levels for our new Shared Accounting Services Center in Greenfield, IN to perform accounting activities in the areas of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, audit, and other related functions across multiple Business Units.
• Performs regular general ledger responsibilities including, but not limited to, journal entries, review of expenses, accruals, allocations, etc.
• Completes month-end closing activities as assigned.
• Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules, account reconciliations, and other financial schedules or analyses as assigned.
• Analyzes actual performance data and assists with interpretation of variances from the historical trends.
• Assists with the regular review of account reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items.
• Assists in the preparation of annual tax schedules as required by Corporate.
• Assists with SOX testing as assigned. Coordinates fixed asset physical inventory with the business units.
• Builds strong working relationships with Business Unit Accounting teams.
• Collaborates with Business Unit and Corporate Controllership teams and ensures appropriate communication with these stakeholders when questions regarding accounting/reporting matters arise. Assists in the preparation of meetings with these stakeholders on key accounting and reporting topics.
• Ensures General Accounting policies, processes and operating procedures are clearly defined, up to date and documented.
• Ensures General Accounting process designs are consistent with best practices and aligned with the Global R2R Design document, initiating process improvement initiatives where appropriate. Creates tools, processes, reports and metrics to drive and monitor these improvements. Focused efforts will be placed on automation and system capabilities.
• Resolves General Accounting related issues and disputes or escalates as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance. Experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge of financial statements, reports and GAAP.
• Ability to review and analyze data.
• Proficient computer operation skills including accounting systems, spreadsheets (Excel), and word processing software (Word).
• Demonstrated ability to drive meaningful improvements in performance, quality and efficiency through system and process innovation and effective project management.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization, and build mutually productive business partner.
• Ability to work overtime and weekend work as required.
• 10-20% travel required as necessary.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 9 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...