Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
- Compiles the data necessary for the reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Prepares Excel, Word or PDF work papers to be used with account reconciliations. The work papers provide detailed support for the reconciliations.
- Runs queries and reports in PantherSoft and/or subsystems to compare to reports for reconciliation purposes. Identifies items that are exceptions or errors to be corrected prior to month end and submits corrections necessary to proper personnel for action to be taken.
- Initiates and coordinates bank wires and prepares accounting transactions as needed.
- Assists with audits and reviews to ensure that responses and supporting documents are provided on a timely basis. Maintains supporting documentation to be used with reconciliations.
- Reviews and agrees accounting transactions to journals in the general ledger and notifies proper personnel of any discrepancies detected. Follows up with departments to resolve issues as needed.
- Serves as a backup to other accountants within the department
- Provides assistance with special projects as needed.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization; or a high school diploma and four years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Experience in higher education preferred.
$30,000 to $32,000 Commensurate with experience.
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid email account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
How to Claim Vet Preference
Since 1945, the Florida Legislature has made a provision to give preference in the hiring process to United States war veterans in recognition of their military, naval, or air service who meet specific conditions. The conditions are as follows:
- Discharged or released under honorable conditions only or
- Who later received an upgrade discharge under honorable conditions.
Florida International University honors this policy and will comply with Veterans' Preference guidelines when filling staff positions. Any applicant claiming Veterans' Preference will be required to attach a DD214 with each application submitted for verification.
If there are any questions concerning Veterans' Preference, please contact Recruitment by calling 305-348-2500.
For additional information on Veterans' Preference, visit http://www.floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp .
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer .
Job Opening ID: 505633
Business Unit: CONTROLLERS
Department: Payment Services