Join a growing government contractor! MVM, Inc. is a service provider of physical security and professional services to the federal government with 2,500 employees working worldwide. We have an immediate need for a part-time Accounting Specialist to work 25-30 hours/week in our convenient Ashburn, VA headquarters office.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Specialist prepares, processes and monitors transactions and financial records for an assigned business unit on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Duties include:
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Reviewing and entering payment data into company systems;
- Posting General Ledger actions;
- Maintaining records with QuickBooks;
- Recording sales transactions and processing deposits;
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements;
- Processes accounts payable checks;
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly sales and revenue and profit/loss reports;
- Recording credits and debits; preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and entering account information; and
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
MVM offers a competitive salary. Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Accounting Specialist” in subject line.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience;
- Possess 2-3 years related accounting experience with solid math skills;
- Be highly skilled in QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets
- Possess solid MS Office skills;
- Be analytical and attentive to details;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a professional team member.