Title: ACCOUNTING CLERK (or Accounting Specialist)
Type: Non-Exempt, Full Time Reports to: Controller
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Code, post and receipt payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non payment and delayed payment
- Check, verify and process vendor invoices and employee exp reports.
- Prepare payments for signature
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor files
General Accounting Functions
- Collect, confirm and process timesheets and overtime
- Verify taxes and other deductions
- Process payroll, distribute payroll checks
- Track employee vacation time
Education and Experience and Systems
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Bachelors degree in business or accounting degree
- 2 - 5 years experience in similar role
- MS Office (excellent Excel skills required), knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
MetaPharm offers a casual work environment and we value our employees. We encourage and reward innovation and creativity. We have a great benefits package that includes PTO, Health, Dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Educational Assistance.
MetaPharm is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes without the listed requirements will not be considered. Candidates should be prepared to interview in person, discuss their qualifications in detail, and complete a written skills assessment.
MetaPharm - 11 months ago