TED Conferences is hiring an Accounting Specialist to support its growing operations. The successful candidate will report to the Accountant and will have interactions with all aspects of the accounting cycle with primary responsibility for accounts payable and recording of other expenses. Other responsibilities include recording of various revenue transactions and maintaining the accounting files.
The Accounting Specialist will accurately record detail transactions for TED Conferences in the accounting system. Will help coordinate the proper flow of financial information throughout TED, especially accounts payable. Will assist the Accountant in implementing sound accounting control systems and workflows.
Accounts payable : Process invoices into accounting system, prepare checks, maintain vendor files and interface with TED’s vendors. Record all cost and expense transactions
for conferences, website and other TED businesses in TED’s accounting system.
- Check Processing, including running computer generated checks on a weekly
- Opening A/P mail and stamping it daily, including email
- Acquiring proper authorization prior to check processing
- Separating and sending processed checks
- Work with vendors to ensure all outstanding invoices are paid
Other transactions : record monthly credit card transactions and all other cash disbursement transactions as necessary.
- Organizing A/P (and other accounting files) on a regular basis ensuring ease of use for Accounting team
- Improve filing process if necessary
Annual audit and tax returns
- Conference registrations: record customer receipts and interface with our conference registration team on registrations receipts. Assist with reconciling registrations on a monthly basis.
*Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Assist with providing information as requested by TED’s outside auditors and tax advisor
Skill and knowledge requirements:
- BA/BS required. Accounting degree preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system highly desired.
- Strong data entry experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A solid grasp of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Industry experience in online media, event production or nonprofit would be helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the person will interface with all
- TED staff, vendors and customers.
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Also: We only hire extremely nice people.
Qualified candidates should send a resume for consideration through Jobvite on www.TED.com/pages/jobs.
No third party recruiters.
TED - 14 months ago