Part-time Accounting Specialist Temp to Perm
Are you passionate about cutting edge technology and innovation? Do you have a strong accounting background, an accounting degree, and thrive in fast-paced environments that challenge you to think outside the box? If this sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you! Tencent America is looking for a part-time Accounting Specialist for our U.S. Operations headquartered in Palo Alto, California. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply his/her knowledge in a local start-up like environment while working in a highly visible position in a $50B company. This position reports directly to our US Finance Manager.
- Managing incoming payment by entering in the accounting system and handling all bank/check deposits
- Code and process invoices and check requests in Quickbooks ensuring accuracy and necessary approvals
- Review and code employee expense reports
- Match invoices to purchase requests
- Input detail of monthly credit/debit card statements
- Handle all accounting related filing
- Monitors vendor accounts and maintain accurate vendor information to ensure payments are up to date
- Ensure the company's intranet is kept up-to-date with accounting policies and forms
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Print and distribute vendor and employee expense checks
- Update and maintain headcount statistics for HQ
- Serve as backup to the Finance Manager during his/her absence
- Process the debit card authorization and purchase request forms
- Handle month-end activities such as recurring transactions, and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset, intangible, and depreciation expenses; work closely with IT department on physical asset count on quarterly basis.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, economics, or finance a must
- Minimum 2 years in an accounting or finance role. (Maximum 5-7 yrs.)
- Experienced in processing accounts payable/receivable
- Demonstrated history of resourcefulness and problem solving, and the ability to work both independently and as a dynamic member of cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Customer-focused and ability to effectively manage relationships within the Company
- Ability to self-motivate and function independently
- Excellent PC skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work 20-25 hours/week over a 3, 4, or 5 day period in Palo Alto, CA.