Pay Rate Range
12.02 to 17.00
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime.
This is a temporary position for one year with a possibility of extending, as needed.
Performs a variety of accounting duties that range in level of complexity from clerical accounting duties such as managing receivables or serving as payroll reporter, to more complex duties such as preparing budget or reconciling accounts.
1. Performs accounting review and control of federally funding research, public service, and training awards. Prepares invoices and financial reports for sponsoring agencies.
2. Reviews, deposits, and posts payments, to accounting systems. Reviews campus orders, check requests, and travel documents to ensure they are completed accurately, and are allowable per agency and university regulations.
3. Processes invoices for payment.
4. Ensures transactions are posted correctly to accounts and reviews transactions for accuracy and required back-up documentation.
5. Processes Cost Transfers making sure there is adequate documentation and that the costs are allowable per agency and university regulations.
6. Responds to a variety of accounting-related questions, such as inquiries from sponsors and departments.
7. Assists with preparation of various accounting and financial reports.
Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, plus two years full-time clerical accounting experience or equivalency required. The ability to understand, interpret, and apply University and departmental regulations; demonstrated spreadsheet skills; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience using software programs such as PeopleSoft or Kronos may be required for certain positions.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred. Demonstrate effective communication skills strongly preferred. Have knowledge of PeopleSoft, Excel, and other software desirable.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views of the natural...