This position ensures that corporate accounting related functions (transactions, entries, reporting and maintenance) for VW Credit and Subsidiaries are properly executed, including, but not limited to the enhancement of internal controls and key control documentation, development of journal entries, establishment of general ledger accounts. Using US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and VW Group Accounting Handbook prepare all journal entries required to record all activities for the Company, and run and balance all financial reports. Support yearend financial processes, internal and external audit requirements, and contribute to accounting related process improvements as they arise.
• Lead the development and maintenance of financial controls procedures for financial reporting under GAAP and IFRS guidelines
• Document key controls and processes of Accounting department
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information for VW Credit, Inc in compliance with all required accounting standards.
Complete month-end closing process for VCI and subsidiaries including:
• Prepare and process monthly journal entries for US GAAP and IFRS purposes
• Prepare, reconcile and review month-end schedules
• Review month-end schedules developed and submitted by other departments
• Review month-end journal entries developed by others
• Review all required system financial reports for accuracy and balancing, making necessary corrections as appropriate
• Adjust financial reports (statements) as necessary based on self analysis and analysis from Manager Accounting and Controlling Department
• Prepare monthly Group Financial (VOKUS) files, balance, validate, and transmit to VW-FS with support from Manager Accounting
• Reconcile all assigned accounts
• Perform and review daily accounting for treasury and cash receipt/disbursement activity
• Reconcile, research and resolve outstanding items pertaining to bank reconciliations
• Research and resolve outstanding issues with VCI’s Remarketing Department, Wholesale, Special Collections, and other departments as required
Complete annual closing process for VCI and subsidiaries:
• Support internal and external audits with regards to control testing, account verifications, external confirmations, and other related projects.
• Prepare yearend GAAP / IFRS financial statements and lead schedules for external auditors.
• Prepare all required accounting disclosures and accounting schedules for VWAG and VWFS.
• Prepare yearend guidelines and reports based on financial data for VWAG and VWFS.
• Prepare annual balance roll-forward for all necessary accounts in Oracle and VOKUS or other Group reporting systems.
• Maintain all Oracle financial reports (establish and point new accounts)
Complete as required:
• Creation and ongoing maintenance of new or old general ledger accounts
• Pointing of new accounts to the various Oracle financial statements
• Pointing of new accounts to the Group reporting system
• Creation or maintenance of Company cost centers
• 5 – 7 years professional accounting and financial analysis experience
• 3 – 5 years public auditing experience
• 3 – 5 years financial services or consumer finance experience
• 3 – 5 years enterprise software experience (Oracle or SAP), and personal computer financial application knowledge and experience
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Conceptual thinking skills
• Computer savvy
• Integration - joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing or negotiation skills
• Self Starter
• Willingness to learn and apply learnings
Volkswagen Group of America - 19 months ago
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, the world's fourth largest automaker and the largest...