YRCI, a leader in performance based management consulting and professional services to public and private sector clients, continues to grow at a rapid pace. Openings now exist across YRCI business units including the Human Capital and Acquisition Management support areas.
We are seeking an established and motivated Accounting Specialist based out of our Fairfax, Virginia headquarters to continue our growth.
The successful applicant will be under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, and working as part of a cohesive, small Accounting team, you will be responsible for performing accounts payable and receivable duties, maintaining all related account transactions in accordance with YRCI procedures, using QuickBooks/Navision and company proprietary database while providing responsive, professional customer service.
The individual will perform the following duties:
- Sets up and maintains NAV (Navision accounting system) vendor (card) records, subcontractor files, and accounts payable files
- Enters and posts accounts payable transactions in NAV. Verifies such details as invoice numbers, account codes, description of product or service, and period of performance to identify and reconcile discrepancies. Ensures duplicate invoices are not processed for payment.
- Manages vendor and subcontractor related internal and external correspondence and request for information (AR confirmations)
- Researches and resolves accounts payable related issues
- Tracks receipt of periodic vendor bills, investigates and resolves any missing bills
- Prepares, reviews and files monthly use tax returns
- Prepares, reviews and files IRS forms 1099
- Manages the postage meter and printer supplies
- Maintains client invoice submission instructions, client invoice preparation status schedule, and client invoice review and submission status
- Prepares, reviews, and submits client invoices and credit memos based on output from the company Labor Tracking Database. Prepares client invoice detail reports as required by the client contract. Ensures inclusion of the ODCs on appropriate client invoices.
- Manages client related internal and external correspondence and request for information (AP confirmations)
- Researches and resolves billing related issues with contracts, production and customers
- Enters and posts time journal and project journal adjustments
- Maintains supporting documentation for prepaid items, client invoices, client credit memos, and time and project journal adjustments
- Deposits paper checks via electronic check scanner and software interface to bank.
- Processes all employee expense reports and corporate credit cards for payment.
- Prepares and distributes all accounts payable checks.
- Provide project and assignment support to the department as needed.
- Takes initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for process improvement
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 4 years of increasingly responsible, accounting related experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Solid computer skills, proficient Microsoft office skills
- Detail-oriented with timely follow-through
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment
- Sound judgment, business acumen and the ability to make a contribution to the business as a whole
- Ability to work effectively performing multifaceted, at times conflicting assignments in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Possesses unquestioned integrity; exercises diplomacy, tact, and discretion; maintains strict confidentiality
As an employee of YRCI working full time, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package. Your eligibility for medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance begins on YOUR VERY FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT. Our benefits also include a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income. All full time employees receive 10 paid holidays and begin accruing paid time off on their first day worked!!
- Navision system experience
- Experience working in a government contract environment
- Accounting systems experience
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. YRCI is an E-Verify employer.
YRCI - 7 months ago