Americold, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our team at our Corporate office in Atlanta, GA (Perimeter/Sandy Springs area).
Ensure accounting and financial reporting processes, controls, and deadlines are accurately met on a timely basis. Supervision of the day-to-day and monthly responsibilities of the team.
1. Overall supervision of a team of accountants and respective accounting functions.
2. Assure various positions and duties flowing smoothly on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
3. Proactively evaluate, train and performance manage employees.
4. Available as a lead resource for site operations and other corporate departments.
5. Assume leadership position on special projects.
6. Stay abreast of developing accounting literature and assist educating and disseminating changes.
7. Maintain, influence and direct accounting policies and guidelines.
8. Review and approve journal entries, analysis and reconciliations.
9. Supervise month end close process, ensuring close deadlines are met, make necessary modifications, and timely alert senior management of problem areas or necessary modifications.
10. Aggregate analysis and prepare summaries of results for senior level management.
11. Perform monthly consolidation of several entities, including elimination entries.
12. Prepare internal and external monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages.
13. Analyze and validate financial information at the business segment and account levels.
14. Review accounting policies for consistency and compliance with GAAP and SOX controls.
15. Able to identify areas for potential efficiencies.
16. Other tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Big 4 or Tier 2 audit experience preferred
- 5-8 years of related accounting experience
- 1-2 years experience supervising a team of individuals
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and accounting software systems (SAP and BW experience preferred)
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to excel in a team environment
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from management
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keyword: accounting supervisor, CPA, GAAP, big 4, public accounting, SOX
Americold - 2 years ago
In business to keep cool, AmeriCold Logistics is a leading provider of temperature-controlled warehousing, distribution, and...