The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Oversee closing processes (monthly, quarterly, and annual) in applicable area to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all accounts and financial statements.
- Maintain and follow-up month-end calendar tasks with all parties affecting the close process (due dates & deadlines)
- Send preliminary and final statements to Finance group.
- Ensure all account analyses are completed and reviewed on a timely basis and are uploaded to document repository system
- Ensure all journal entries are entered, approved and posted to the G/L system and are uploaded to document repository system.
- Maintain “one-time” entry file and address any next steps for financial review meetings.
- Support internal and external customer needs, and maintain an expected level of “customer service”
- Supervise Senior Accountants
- Work with Accounting Manager to identify and implement process improvements
- Prepare complex and/or new accounting analysis as needed
- Act as liaison with auditors as needed.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation for various tax and financial audits.
- Support other departments such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, Financial Reporting, Treasury, Retail Accounting and Credit with research, analysis and reporting as needed.
- Assist with special projects, as business needs arises.
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Co endeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Keywords: accounting, supervisor, audit, reporting, analysis, financial, Benjamin Moore
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Accounting ( CPA, MBA or CMA a plus)
- 5 - Plus years relevant job experience
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and business writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with automated General Ledger systems
- Willing to learn other roles and areas in Accounting.
- Willing to travel
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...