Job Category: Accounting
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
The Accounting Supervisor, in this newly created position, is responsible for helping create and develop an accounting function that will be responsible for our international sites. The Accounting Supervisor will interact with all levels of accounting, tax, budgeting and forecasting to resolve issues in a timely manner in regards to the accounting and reporting for all CVS foreign entities.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for but not limited to the following:
5 to 10 years in a related general accounting experience. Strong understanding of technical accounting concepts (e.g., US GAAP, IFRS) Practical knowledge of processes, risks, and internal controls PC proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc) Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language Ability to communicate succinctly Strong analytical, deductive, and problem-solving skills Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Ability to travel to foreign subsidiaries periodically as need Preferred Qualifications:
- Review and sign off on account reconciliations in local standards and local currency of all CVS foreign subsidiaries to ensure accuracy and completeness of account reconciliations in local standards.
- Record and document all necessary adjusting journal entries needed to convert local standard financial results of various foreign subsidiaries to US GAAP results on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Coordinate the closing process of all foreign subsidiary monthly results to US GAAP in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile account balances in US GAAP on a monthly basis for all foreign entities including all intercompany foreign balances
- Coordinate the necessary activities with Treasury to ensure all foreign intercompany balances are settled on a monthly basis in the functional currency of the respective various foreign subsidiaries
- Aid in the preparation of the annual budgets and monthly forecasts of various P&L and balance sheet line items in respect to various foreign entities.
- Oversee and direct the statutory audit process of all foreign entities. Prepare financial statements and disclosures as needed. Prepare US GAAP stand alone financial statements on an as needed basis
- Work with the tax department to ensure the legal and tax structure of all foreign entities is being maintained
- Perform ad hoc requests as prioritized per Department Management Required Qualifications:
MBA a plus “Big 4” or large regional public accounting experience servicing multinational IFRS clients is highly preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is highly preferred Knowledge of PeopleSoft and or SAP is desirable Education:
Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Caremark - 21 months ago
CVS Caremark Corporation (CVS Caremark) is a provider of prescriptions and related healthcare services in the United States. It is a...