The Supervisor is a key member of the Planning and Forecasting Group and will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and reviewing information for the Board of Directors, Executive Committee Meeting and Bank Books, Budgets and Strategic Plan (SPLAN) updates and other ad hoc requests as required. The supervisor is responsible for working with the P&F team and other individuals within the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) for purposes of reporting information for the Board and Executive Committee Meeting books and other ad hoc requests from Senior/Executive Management. Another key responsibility for the supervisor is the development of the staff which includes work/life balance for the team. They are responsible for finding ways to work more efficiently, implement process improvement and help to ensure that deadlines are met. The supervisor must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as responsibilities include not only communication within the department, but outside as well. This position requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment as much of the information prepared is time-sensitive.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the analysis and review of information (including preparation at times) for Executive and Senior Management reporting. Examples include:
o Strategic Plan updates (including but not limited to the following items):
Goal summaries - short term and long term incentive program measures.
Other metrics/ratios the company has identified as key performance indicators.
• Various ad hoc requests for Executive Management including presentations (power point) for Board of Directors and Executive Committee Meetings.
• Responsible for preparation/ review of Covenant Calculations and related information for the company's line banks. Additionally, ongoing monitoring and forecasting Covenant Calculations for internal purposes.
• Responsible for continuously looking for ways to improve processes and reports to create efficiencies for the company. This includes identifying system issues, report format, system attributes and working with IT to create new reports. Will also collaborate with the Analysts and their assigned SBU to improve their processes.
• Development of staff. This includes helping to achieve work life balance for team through developing team to work smarter and more efficiently and implementing process improvements as well as the preparation/review and monitoring of the responsibility schedules for the team.
• Provide guidance regarding transactional items and methodology to Strategic Business Units and team, ensuring that deadlines will be met, team meetings and ensuring workpapers and procedures for the department are followed by the team.
Internal contacts include: VP, Director, Manager, and Analysts of Planning & Forecasting Group, Business Analysts (BU), and Information Technology Group
External contacts include: External public accountants/ auditors
Development of Staff
A bachelor's degree in Accounting related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. CPA or candidate preferred
In addition to the education listed above, at least 6 years experience (including at least 3-4 years in public accounting) is required. Real estate accounting experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team oriented and highly motivated.
• Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment.
• Critical thinking.
• Ability to manage time and multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Ability to effectively supervise/manage and develop accounting professionals.
• Ability to take charge of projects with little supervision.
• Basic knowledge of accounting software systems and SAP technologies.
• Advanced analytical background with detail oriented mindset.
• Work independently and complete work with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
• Basic ability to perform quality assurance reviews of own work (self review.)
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Associates are expected to come to work punctually every scheduled work day, presenting a professional and positive Company image in keeping with the objectives of the Company and the residents and/or tenants' welfare. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions, and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City Enterprises reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City Enterprises.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 15 months ago