The Accounting Supervisor will report directly to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for overseeing all accounting aspects of the Northeast retail gross margin process. The Accounting Supervisor will work very closely with the Assistant Controller, the Director of Financial Reporting, and other senior members of the Finance department, participating in day-to-day financial decision making and operational oversight of financial and compliance aspects of the business.
- Oversee all accounting aspects of the gross margin process, including timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the related general ledger accounts, including A/R, purchases, and P&L activity.
- Manage and execute preparation of the annual and monthly gross margin reporting package ensuring timely preparation
- Manage various systems used in the accounting process and implement enhancements as required by growth and expansion. Ensure data accuracy and consistency for all related accounting functions.
- Maintain current and accurate accounting records and support.
- Oversee components of the Company’s compliance function, including regulatory and market related requirements.
- Manage direct reports and grow accounting team as warranted. Motivate, reinforce, and mentor junior team members. Attract, develop, and retain competent and committed staff members.
In addition, the Accounting Supervisor will:
- Assist in the audit of the Company’s financial records and work effectively with outside auditors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of control initiatives to ensure company compliance with SOX and corporate mandated requirements.
- Perform special projects and address ad hoc responsibilities as requested.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with functional and departmental leaders.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 6-10 years accounting and/or finance experience, with at least 2 years management experience.
- Background in public accounting preferred; CPA required.
- Technically adept in all areas of accounting and financial management including cash flow management, financial analysis, earnings projections, budgeting, reporting and risk assessments.
- Knowledge of and experience with policies, procedures and sound systems of internal control mandatory.
- Experience working with or for a high-volume, data/transaction-oriented business preferred.
- Quantitative financial analysis experience mandatory.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of computer financial applications and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
NRG is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. We deliver cleaner and smarter energy choices for our customers, backed by the nation’s largest independent power generation portfolio of fossil fuel, nuclear, solar and wind facilities. A Fortune 300 company, NRG is challenging the U.S. energy industry by becoming the largest developer of solar power, building the first privately-funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and providing customers with the most advanced smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use. In addition to 47,000 megawatts of generation capacity, enough to supply nearly 40 million homes, our retail electricity providers – Reliant, Green Mountain Energy and Energy Plus – serve more than two million customers.
We are seeking local candidates with a stable work history and a GREAT ATTITUDE!
Please respond if you think you have what it takes to be an Accounting Supervisor . For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to us at: bestjobs@GreenMountain.com . The subject field of your email must include EP Account Supervisor. Please submit the document in PC compatible Word or rich text file.
Green Mountain Energy Company - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard