Who We Are:
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, Harlan Laboratories is a privately held global provider of essential pre-clinical research tools and services that enable innovative and efficient discovery and development research. We work with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, agrochemical, chemical and food industries, as well as universities, government, and other research organizations. We have expanded through both acquisitions and organic growth, and we are known to our customers for our consistent product quality and customer service. Our focus is on providing customers with products and services to optimize the discovery and safety of new medicines and compound.
Is Harlan Right For You?
Are you enthusiastic and high energy? Do you have a zest for making a difference? Are you passionate about delivering meaningful results and contributing to the success of an organization? Then consider a career at Harlan and together, we can achieve extraordinary outcomes.
- Lead US team monthly in the closing process and monthly financial reporting, including preparation and analysis of key performance indicators
- Supervisor 2 staff accountants, including review of their work and ownership of all Balance Sheet reconciliations for North America
- Comply with all corporate policies and controls to ensure financials statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with data collection for quarterly reporting and the annual audit
- Complete forecasting and reporting for assigned Harlan lines of businesses monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements
- Management of assigned Line of Business P&L performance by partnering with business owners & identifying opportunities to drive higher levels of performance
- Develop and maintain close partnerships with business owners & Corporate and North America finance partners & the RMS operational staff
Harlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with experience working in a consolidation reporting and month-end close
- Experience with FP&A / Business Controlling activities and P&L ownership
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style
- Good interpersonal, supervisory skills, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office products, J.D. Edwards Enterprise One, and Hyperion (a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required; CPA preferred