SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing and performing the daily accounting functions for Noble Metals N.A which includes the West Chester, San Diego, and San Jose sites. This includes supervision of the month end closing process as well as transmission of all Group required financial and metal reports. This person has additional responsibility for assisting in the production of the annual budget package along with assisting the Controller on an as needed basis.
1. Manage the financial and metal accountants to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for local management and the Group. To include supervision and preparation of the following: MOR’s, FA’s, budget, tax package etc. for the Noble Metals business units.
2. Review Group reports to ensure accuracy prior to transmission to Group.
3. Provide timely and accurate financial information to management. Responsible for preparation or review of internal financial reports produced for the monthly management book.
4. Assistance in preparing supporting schedules for annual budget.
5. Assist in planning and supervising of all annual site stock takes.
6. Assist in preparation of capital appropriation requests and special financial projects.
7. Oversee all aspects of the metal balance sheet. To include review of all J/E’s, MOR, FA and month end reconciliations.
BS in Accounting/Finance; CPA or MBA preferred
Minimum of 5 to 7 years accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Strong oral and written communication skills a must
JDE Edwards experience a plus
Johnson Matthey - 19 months ago
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...