We are seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our team. This position is based in Brownfield, TX.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies for 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
Reports to the warden. Directly supervises the accounting clerk. Responsible for performing accounting and audit functions within the general accounting function and summarizing data for periodic operating statements and management information in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Supervise the preparation of data input for developing financial statements and management information reports, including monthly accounting journal entries, overhead application schedules, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analyses and monthly financial statement.
2. Prepare the departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures.
3. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting accounting.
4. Prepare and maintain cost data and related analyses pertaining to facility operations.
5. Audit the output of the accounts payable and cashier functions.
6. Oversee cash disbursements journal, general ledger and cost ledger by recording accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations and financial tabulations as assigned.
7. Ensure the balancing of books and compilation of statistical reports such as cash expenditures, departmental costs and other pertinent reports.
8. Supervise incoming and prepare outgoing inter-divisional billings, reconcile and clear inter-divisional accounts and prepare associated journal entries.
9. Prepare month end closing of financial books, facility and corporate financial reports. Review reports for accuracy and resolve problems.
10. Coordinate with other facility staff concerning accounting matters.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and three (3) years of finance or related experience required, one (1) of which must be in a managerial capacity. Experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency are also required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements; if approved by corporate finance and the senior vice president, corrections. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Please apply online at www.mtcjobs.com
Management & Training Corporation - 21 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...