Overall Job Description
Minnesota Exteriors, Inc., a northwest metro company with 60+ years in the construction industry, is looking for a reliable and experienced Accounting Supervisor. The position will include the supervision of the day to day operations of the accounting department, while providing support to the Controller / Executive VP with month end and year end processes.
- Staff supervision / providing back-up for A/R and A/P.
- Reviewing A/R accounts for payment issues, apply open payments and request follow-up on outstanding accounts if necessary.
- Monthly AIA billings for commercial division.
- Enter month end reoccurring journal entries / re-class costs / intercompany entries.
- Month end bank reconciliations.
- Calculate Sales / Use tax – prepare reports and submit to appropriate agencies.
- Estimate and accrue various fees (CC, Bank Analysis, Bank Commitment Fees, etc.).
- Manage Fixed Assets, calculate and enter monthly depreciation expense.
- Calculate and record AR Bad Debt Allowance.
- Calculate and record Sales Allowances.
- Reconcile GL accounts.
- Learn physical inventory YE processes.
- Weekly job closings – enter job closings in spreadsheet to track monthly margin.
- Assist with preparing audit work papers.
- Assist auditors with document requests.
- Cell phone management.
- Office supply ordering.
Minimum of 2 year accounting degree with 3+ years accounting experience.
Minimum of 2 years of supervising clerical accounting functions.
Must have Enterprise Software experience, Great Plains experience would be beneficial.
Average Excel / Word experience.
Minnesota Exteriors, Inc., is a northwest metro company with 60+ years in the construction industry .