GENERAL FUNCTION: Accounting Supervisor will be a key member of the Accounting Shared Services Operation Team and the primary person responsible for ensuring accuracy of detailed accounting records. Successful candidate is involved in enhancing, optimizing and maintaining effective close process and also supervising accounting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will supervise and/or provide direction to other personnel within the Accounting Shared Services group.
- Accurately maintains complex accounting records and performs all related accounting functions.
- Maintains current accounting policies and practices
- Ensures that all accounting entries and reports are completed on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and company policies and procedures.
- Analyze, prepare and review monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates month end accounting activities with other departments, divisions and affiliates to gather relevant data to perform month-end close activities
- Directly interact with other individuals in the organization (Accounting, Finance, Operations, etc.) to gather relevant data to perform month-end close activities. Work with relevant personnel to gather explanations for variances to plan, forecast, and trend in order to ensure that accounting activities are completed consistently and accurately
- Responds to inquiries from management, auditors and other authorities regarding the accounting issues, data in reports and financial statements issued by the department, policies, and procedures.
- Assist Senior Manager to manage external audit to ensure the successful and timely completion of quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Continuously searches for process improvements within our organization in an effort to automate and simplify.
- Leverages technology to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the accounting processes and plays a key role in the integration of a new accounting system.
- Provides training and guidance:
- Transfers information in “formal” and “on-the-job” environments: ensures associates have the necessary skills and tools to be effective in their roles
- Develops personalized career and training plan for each associate, works with associates to achieve department objectives.
- Develops cross training programs and ensures the adequate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
- Resolves routine personnel issues.
- Allocates and reviews work. Guides and advises subordinates.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA and/or other certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum requirement of 6 years of accounting related experience.
- At least 1~ 2 years of Supervisory experience required.
- Experience within financial services industry preferred.
- Experience with National Accounting Firm (i.e. Big 4) preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and Oracle ERP systems preferred
- Required working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communications, organization and follow up skills.
- Excellent people/relationship building skills.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of CRT screen.
Vantiv - 16 months ago
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...