Responsible for the preparation and supervision of a variety of clerical accounting functions to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Collections, limited journal entries, tracking and matching purchase orders and invoices, etc. Utilizes standard and defined policies and procedures, and systems to maintain and update various company/vendor information databanks. Provides training and guidance to accounting staff in the performance of specific duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide appropriate accounting information to immediate supervisor for analysis of income statements to ensure that financial statements would reflect the actual performance of each profit center.
· Update appropriate general ledgers and related records in accordance with standard accounting practices, policies and procedures.
· Review accuracy of all purchase orders to appropriate vendor invoices prior to entering into the Account Payable system for payment.
· Oversee the gathering of information pertaining to the waste disposal to include manifests and tracking in verifying accuracy of billings.
· Oversee the gathering of invoices from intra/inter company facilities to determine direct charge accuracy prior to the development of monthly reports for management.
· Review month-end journal entries and forwards results to Controller for further analysis.
· High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline preferred
· Prior related work experience of 4-6 years required