Job Class Title Accounting Support Specialist Who May Apply Promotional Type Classified Pay Grade CL11 Minimum Annual Salary 32697.60 Maximum Annual Salary 50169.60 Nature of Work This is independent, complex and specialized accounting work involving budgetary or financial accounting with administrative responsibilities. Work involves computerized processing, maintenance, reporting and analysis of complex financial records in a multi-fund environment. Employees in this class are expected to work independently applying knowledge of accounting principles and practices, state and local laws and departmental procedures. Only the more difficult analysis, technical policy or procedural questions are referred to supervisors. Supervision may be exercised over subordinate personnel or employees may act as group leader over assigned area.
Minimum Qualifications • 2 years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, purchasing, or finance support, or
Appointing Authority May Also Require: • Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Associate’s degree (or 2 years of other related college level education) in accounting, business administration or related field, or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Work Performed • Plans, reviews and analyzes accounts payable and assists in the review and analysis of cash balances for investment purposes.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Assembles and prepares financial reports or statements, budget documents, advertising notices and form resolution documents.
- Maintains various budget-related and purchasing records and files; designs forms and reports to meet departmental requirements.
- Oversees the collection, receipt and disbursement of support monies in accordance with Florida Statutes, rules and regulations.
- Oversees the processing of liens filed for non-payment of support.
- Briefs and explains office policies and procedures to new employees, assists supervisors in personnel and departmental policies and procedures, maintains correspondence, prepares departmental reports and assists in collecting data for budget preparation.
- Prepares requisitions; orders supplies, equipment and materials.
- Processes invoices for payment; reviews invoices for contract compliance and maintains contract files.
- Meets with or has phone discussions with vendors or sales representatives to resolve differences in purchase orders or invoices or to process emergency purchase orders.
- May perform duties assigned to the Accounting Clerk positions.
- May act as group leader over assigned functional areas or supervise subordinate personnel engaged in clerical accounting or other fiscal activities.
- May perform data processing related duties including using available statistical packages or programs, which may include Oracle or other relational data bases, encoding data, data entry and retrieval and assist in the development testing and debugging of new and existing programs.
- Examines and verifies bank statements; reconciles statements with internal ledgers.
- Performs related work as assigned or required.
Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
- Knowledge of governmental budgetary procedures and funds organization.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing the processing of state and county support payments.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to apply basic computer applications.
- Ability to thoroughly research financial documents and prepare fiscal reports.
- Ability to plan, organize and train accounting and/or clerical personnel.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply personnel and departmental rules and regulations.
Pinellas County, FL - 2 years ago