Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, PaaS and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Part Time Accountant
San Diego, CA
Intuit is ranked #4 Most Admired Software Company by Fortune
, and #44 on Fortune's Top 100 companies to work for. Intuit is a company that practices what it preaches and values its employees. Its culture encourages and facilitates work-life balance, a learning and development environment, and giving back to the community. Intuit offers excellent pay & benefits, a generous 401K matching program, & continuing education.
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ: INTU)
is the leading provider of financial software and Web-based services for consumers, small businesses and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services --- including QuickBooks, and TurboTax --- simplify personal finance, small business management, payroll processing, tax preparation and filing. Founded in 1983, Intuit has annual revenues of nearly $3 billion and reaches over 25 million customers with over 8,000 employees. For additional information about our company and recent initiatives, please visit our website at
Opportunity is for permanent, part-time work. Work days would be at the end of the month and would be between 8 and 9 days monthly. The work days are generally the last 6 business days of the month and the first 2 or 3 day of the following month. Expect to work 8 hour days, however, time is flexible.
- Gather, prepare, test and maintain adequate documentation to support monthly accruals through the Service PO Accrual Process (SPOA).
- Apply judgment and correctly interpret GAAP accounting requirements to ensure accounting entries are properly recorded, substantiated and communicated.
- Partner and communicate with Requestor and Financial Analyst communities to effectively prepare monthly accruals.
- Assist SPOA database manager with preparation and analyses of monthly accrual data.
- Identify and communicate Procurement and Accounts Payable processing errors for correction.
- Participate in cross training and coverage of other Corporate Accounting areas of responsibility. Maintain flexibility to assist in other areas during periods of peak activity.
- Continually assess and design desk procedures and process flows. Ensure that these work flows are designed to maximize internal controls and efficiency.
drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at:
- Education: BA/BS in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience accounting, purchasing and or accounts payable.
- Understanding of concepts of accrual accounting.
- Strong experience with automated accounts payable and purchasing systems Oracle a plus.
- Strong experience with Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills. Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems. Strong customer service/support skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities during a compressed time-frame.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization. Strong attention to detail skills a must.
. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
United States of America-California-San Diego
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve...