The Marketplaces Controllership organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of business systems and data analysis skills to assume a role within the Marketplaces Accounting Systems team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization supporting eBay’s largest business unit acting as a subject matter expert on systems and data for the multi-billion dollar eBay Marketplaces business unit. Ideal candidates will leverage their extensive systems, project management and process knowledge to be able to analyze, communicate and consolidate financial data analyses from multiple systems to contribute meaningfully to a winning organization. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment. This is a first level Manager position (individual contributor) reporting to the Director, Marketplaces Accounting Systems. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a cross functional role spanning the Accounting, Finance, Global Billing, Product Management, Product Development, Data Warehouse and SAP IT teams to ensure fluid integration of new business operation initiatives within Marketplace processes and systems. This includes reviewing new eBay Site, Global Billing, and Payment Processing enhancements prior to launch to determine the impact to the revenue and payment reconciliation systems and then managing any required system or process changes as appropriate.
- Support various accounting and reporting systems related projects from a business owner perspective, including concept development, requirement identification, user testing, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint. All projects require end to end view of data flow and process development to ensure transactions flow from the eBay Site through multiple systems and are correctly recorded in the SAP general ledger.
- Manage complex, system intensive reconciliations such as payment file reconciliations and revenue reconciliations between the billing, statutory and management reporting systems in accordance with financial close deadlines. Includes active participation in the review of the systems and reconciliation processes with internal and external auditors.
- Diagnose data quality/bad transaction issues by drilling down complex data structures to extract the root cause of variances between multiple systems and effectively communicate the results and potential solutions to accounting and technology teams.
- Continuously evaluate Marketplaces BU Operational Accounting/Finance systems and processes to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to stream-line existing processes and improve automation through better utilization of systems.
- Participate in SAP ERP implementations, acquisition integrations, and shared service migrations to drive operational excellence through system design and efficient accounting processes. Support the operational teams with SAP knowledge and assistance with testing.
- Proactively monitor and review local country accounting system and process initiatives to ensure the initiatives are designed and implemented consistent with Marketplaces Business Unit standards.
Candidates for this position must have at least 4-5 years of relevant experience and a BS degree in IT, Business Administration, Accounting or closely related field. Past experiences must demonstrate substantial knowledge of project management, operational accounting processes and systems. ERP experience required, SAP preferred. Project management required. Public Accounting and/or Accounting management experience desirable. Industry experience at a global growth company is a plus, but not a requirement.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
eBay - 10 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...