Domtar-Hawesville Mill is seeking an Accounting Technician. Reporting directly to the Accounting Supervisor/Finance Analyst, the Accounting Technician will provide support to the Mill Controller and within the Finance Department, including but not limited to:
Performing a wide variety of complex clerical assignments of an accounting nature such as analyzing accounts, records, reports, journal vouchers, ledgers, payroll data & other accounting documents for accuracy & completeness
Investigating questionable entries & initiating or taking corrective measures, with direction on complex items
Responding to accounting or payroll-related questions
Assisting in the preparation & analysis of various financial reports or other information requiring the selection/interpretation of data
Ensuring accuracy of payroll data/input for assigned area of responsibility
Serving as back-up for other positions within the department
Manually tracking & ensuring accuracy of vacation/paid time off
Other duties as assigned or required
- Minimum Qualifications: Three (3) years of accounting/payroll-related experience; high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); a personal dedication to working safely; must have ability to maintain confidentiality; strong attention to detail; good written and oral communication skills; ability to work in a team environment; sound decision making and multi-tasking skills while working with specific deadlines; Microsoft Excel experience.
- Desired Qualifications: Associate Degree in Accounting; five (5) years of accounting/payroll-related experience; experienced in use of Systems, Applications & Programs (SAP); Microsoft Office experience.
- **A RESUME MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED**
- Domtar offers competitive wages and a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid vacations & holidays, employer supported development and continuing education. To be considered, you must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, background investigation, references verification, and pre-employment drug & alcohol screening.
- Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 & Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Domtar - 2 years ago
Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and...