About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and are part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and flexible Paid Time Off program, and a positive work environment.
Farm Family is looking for an Accounting Technician to join our Finance team!
Position Description – This position will perform duties primarily in the Accounts Payable function, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Review, prepare and process documents for expense disbursement and determines the classification of expense items based on the New York State Insurance Department Regulations.
· Analyze invoices to determine if Use Tax is applicable based on the Guide to Sales and Use Taxes Handbook.
· Utilize the travel reimbursement system 'Expense Expert'. Monitors the Purchase Order System and the OFAC Compliance Reports, assist in various accounting projects
· Input all invoices, check requisitions, travel advances and other expenses into the accounts payable system.
· Prepare and input journal transactions as needed related to invoice corrections, automatic payments, etc.
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
· At least 6 months accounting experience required
· General knowledge of accounting
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work overtime as needed
· Strong computer skills
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 17 months ago