Horne llp , one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the Southeast, seeks an Accounting Technician for our Jackson, Tennessee office.
The Accounting Technician performs day-to-day bookkeeping and administrative functions for the Firm’s Business Advisory and Accounting department. This position requires attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to manage deadlines.
· Qualified candidates must have high school diploma, Associate degree preferred.
· 2-3 years bookkeeping experience in a professional office environment required.
· Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software required.
· Microsoft Excel and Word experience required.
· Bank Reconciliation experience required.
· Experience with Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable preferred.
· Experience with W2s, 1099s and payroll returns is preferred
· Must be able to research and resolve discrepancies. .
· Must be able to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
Our Firm serves a broad range of industries including Health Care, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Franchising. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. EOE M/F/D/V
BUSINESS ADVISORY & ACCTG