The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), in collaboration with our partners, protects the health and safety of all North Carolinians and provides essential human services.
THIS IS A REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY AND ARE STILL BEING CONSIDERED.
Professional level position requiring technical, analytical and evaluative expertise. This position serves as the principle accounting technician advanced level for the Central Billing Office within the DHHS Office of the Controller. Primary focus is to monitor inpatient accounts data and prepare statistical and evaluate analysis of the inpatient data and receipts data for presentation of the analytical results in tables, graphs and reports to meet Department Management level needs, audit requirements, State Budget needs and Legislature requirements. Position verifies integrity of manual transactions to the North Carolina State Accounting System, prepares the daily receipt log, ensures timely receipt and processing of electronic media, develops work plans, monitor and evaluate staff performance, meet all reporting deadlines and documents problem areas and communicates to Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
- In depth knowledge of electronic inpatient hospital billing systems;
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and Guarantor eligibility requirements.
- Working knowledge of NCAS and CMCS
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, auditing and, cash management; A/R and A/P.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office; proficiency in Excel and Word. Good verbal and communication sills and the ability to communicate with all aspects of the public.
- Accounting coursework and/or experience in accounting related field, accounts receivable and account payable
- Experience in auditing complex inpatient hospital accounts, determining validity of third party payer payments; working knowledge of Affinity Billing System and, prior supervisory experience.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Optional guidelines: *contributing: High school diploma or equivalency and two years of experience in accounting work. *journey: High school diploma or equivalency and three years of experience in accounting work; or associate's degree in business administration or accounting. *advanced: bachelor's degree in business administration or accounting; or associate's degree in business administration or accounting and one year of experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions. Please make sure you complete the application in full. “See Resume” or “See Attachment” will NOT be accepted.
Applicant seeking Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their form DD-214.
If there are any questions about this posting, please contact Katie Berndt at 919-855-4930. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click “Application Status.”
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources - 13 months ago