Together, we're better...with people like YOU on our team!
Public Service Credit Union is looking for our next talented part-time Accounting Technician for our Metro Denver office on East Evans.
The Accounting Tech is responsible for processing requests and fulfilling assigned tasks on various Financial Accounting activities by performing the following duties:
1. Processing daily accounting work, including posting journal entries, balancing cash letters, and making cash letter adjustments.
2. Assisting non-accounting staff with accounting issues and questions.
3. Assisting in the administration of the credit union’s staff purchasing program.
4. Reconciling general ledger accounts.
5. Assisting in daily accounts payable functions.
6. Performing month end close processes.
7. Researching and resolving outstanding general ledger items.
8. Performing other job related duties as assigned.
Six months to two years of similar or related accounting experience. Strong technical skills in the utilization of appropriate software/applications, including Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to produce accurate quality work within tight deadlines.
• Commit to excellence in all areas of job performance, relationship building and customer service.
• Provides the highest level of quality service to all internal and external members.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Utilizes skillful listening and speaking skills.
• Exhibit support for the organization's goals, values, initiatives and cost control.
• Complies with all compliance requests and requirements.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, demonstrating the use of efficient time management.
• Willing and able to learn/apply new skills and software applications; adaptable to change.
• Follows all safety and security guidelines to properly safeguard members and organization assets.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work
involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the
organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as those necessary to update spreadsheets or calculate APY and APR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of the job, the
employee is regularly required to work 20 - 45 hours per week, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision, color, peripheral, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English.
Verbal communication is expressed clearly and concisely in individual situations. Uses proper language at all times. Written communication conveys ideas in a concise manner. Effectively writes memos and letters. Internal forms and correspondence are professional in appearance. Handwritten notes are legible and easily understood. Transcribes recorded information.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to operate basic office
equipment including fax, copier, and personal computer using database, word processing and spreadsheet programs. Maintains a filing system that is up to date and accurate.
This list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; it is merely the most accurate list for the current position. Public Service Credit Union reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, i.e. changes in personnel, workload, technical development, or emergencies.
So, why consider PSCU?
Public Service Credit Union is a fast growing, stable financial institution with 27 branches located throughout the Denver Metro, Northern Colorado and Colorado Springs areas. We offer a competetive salary with an outstanding benefits package, which includes medical, dental, disability and life/AD&D insurance, health and dependant care spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan with employee/employer contributions, and more.
Public Service Credit Union - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard