o The University of Oregon Department of Human Physiology invites applications for a full-time Accounting Technician.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, sick and vacation leave, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... 12 quarter hours (8 semester hours) of accounting courses and an associate's degree in accounting; OR
... one year of experience that includes entering, compiling and/or reporting financial information; OR
... an equivalent combination of education and experience.
On your application be specific in addressing your education (indicating credit hours) and experience to the areas listed above. All coursework used to qualify for this position must be from an accredited college or university
* Accurate data entry, word processing and spreadsheet computer skills and interest in expanding these skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to work cohesively as a team member.
* Ability to work accurately and efficiently to meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions.
Please indicate your clerical skills on the attached Office Support Skill Code Sheet and submit with your applications materials.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides accounting support for the office manager and accountant in the Department of Human Physiology. Duties include:
... receiving, matching, and consolidating source documents for accounts payable; processing invoices in the Banner financial information system, and reconciling shadow system to Banner; reconciling faculty accounts; preparing monthly reports; preparing cash deposits; assisting with archiving records; maintaining and assisting in reconciling department purchase order log and employee reimbursement log; reconciling vendor statements with Banner transactions.
... maintaining grants shadow system in Excel and reconciling with Banner; assisting in setting up new grant projects.
... providing general clerical support, such as assisting other staff planning and coordinating events and setting up course schedules.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience with reconciling accounts and tracking errors through an accounting system, and preparing analyses and financial reports.
2. Describe your experience processing accounts payable, and documents such as travel reimbursements and purchase orders.
3. Describe your experience using a computer to create and maintain spreadsheets and databases, and word processing. Indicate if you have experience using an automated financial information system.
4. Describe experience in which you used communication and interpersonal skills to explain accounting and administrative rules and procedures to a diverse audience.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
University of Oregon - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard