Purpose/Scope of Position:
why the role exists, basic function, personnel supervised, dollar magnitude managed, etc.) The purpose of the department is to provide the accounting, analysis, reporting and processing of accounting data for various corporate departments. The accounting department offers a supportive, diverse, team-based culture. Our client offers many professional development opportunities.
2 years experience supervising at 3 or more staff accountants. This position will provide support and assist staff members in issue resolution for work condition, account reconciliations, amendments and exchanges, and income recognition. GAAP, management, and tax basis. The position will will provide ad hoc requests, participate and lead in special projects as necessary.
B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA or MBA is preferred.
Previous Job Experience:
3-5 years public accounting experience
Must be a strong team player, be able to work under pressure and have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Performs cost/benefit analysis
- Manage and review reports and contracts
- Reconcile transactions
- Assist in monthly financial statement preparation and analysis
- Work closely with the sales team
- Supervises Staff and Senior Accountants
- Lead the month end closing process
- Lead the monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist with the annual budget, forecasting, and reporting
- Develop and improve process controls