Opening in March 2013, Merlin Entertainments brings you their youngest attraction brand to the heart of New York, with the opening of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester. With over seven LEGOLAND Discovery Centres already, Westchester will be the forth addition to the USA and a cornerstone on Merlin Entertainments roll out of new sites across the USA, Canada, Europe and Australasia.
We are now looking for an Accounts Assistant to be an integral member of the attractions Finance Team. You are responsible to assist the Finance Manager in overseeing all accounting functions for the attraction. Your main duties include daily accounting operations; handling treasury and cash management functions; carrying out month-end closing; assisting the preparation of various kinds of financial reports & analysis and to perform any ad-hoc assignments. This is a great opportunity to combine working with iconic, global brands and an exciting attraction concept.
- Month end closing
- To ensure that capitals spend is correctly recorded
- To ensure the completion of allocated balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Processing and banking of all types of payment received from customers
- Preparing & posting of AR invoices, distribution of statements, of payments outstanding and debtors’ ledger reconciliation.
- Batching of AP authorised invoices and inputting the data to the ledgers. Cheque runs
- Preparing the daily flash report, weekly statistic report, weekly cash flow forecast, monthly hyperion reports.
- Inter-company reconciliations; agree inter-company balances on or before the set deadlines.
- Experience with cash control policies and/or procedures in attraction/retail environments
- Liaison with tax authorities on statutory requirements and with internal and external auditors
- Assist the Finance Manager on various reports for the UK headquarters
You will be highly self motivated with previous Accounting experience and a proven track-record in administration functions. This combined with your excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills will be vital in supporting the attraction and its Finance team to ensure accurate accounting.
In return, you can expect a great benefits package including Pension Scheme, Recognition Awards and continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization. As a team player, you will be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Salary: $35,000k to $40,000 per annum
About Merlin Entertainments
Merlin Entertainments is the leading name for quality family entertainment and the world’s number two visitor attraction operator. We currently have over 90 attractions spread across 21 countries and four continents, and aim to deliver unique and memorable experiences to over 50 million visitors worldwide. In the UK alone, we have a vast portfolio of reputable brands, from LEGOLAND Resort and Thorpe Park, to Madame Tussauds and the EDF Energy London Eye.
LEGOLAND - 17 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...