JOB OPENING: Accounts Payable Administrator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
Execute the processing of all invoices, employee expense reimbursements, and other related accounts payable duties. Works with all levels within YES in addition to maintaining relationships with our vendors.
Founded in 1998, YES Prep Public Schools is a charter school system that prepares low-income and minority students in 6 th -12 th grade for college graduation. 100% of YES Prep’s graduating seniors have been accepted to college and over 85% are the first in their family to attend a four-year university. YES is the only Houston school to make Newsweek ’s and US News and World Report’s lists of the top 100 public schools in America. There are currently eleven YES campuses in Houston, serving over 7,000 low-income students, with more campuses planned and various construction projects currently underway.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Accounts Payable Administrator will:
1. Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions in an effective and timely manner.
- Reviews check requests, reimbursement requests, and credit card expense statements to ensure that all required supporting documents are attached and that amounts, account coding and appropriate approvals are included.
- Reviews invoices received for completeness including items to be acquired, amounts, account coding, appropriate approvals and confirms that goods or services have been received. Matches purchase order to invoice for those invoices for which a purchase order was issued.
- Responsible for data entry of invoices, check requests and reimbursement requests into accounts payable system.
- Coordinates check signing process with authorized check signers.
- Distributes checks to vendors and employees.
- Assumes primary responsibility for resolving vendor disputes. Follows up with school and home office personnel on all vendor disputes and coordinates resolution directly with the vendor.
- Reviews purchase order requests for completeness including items to be acquired, amounts, coding and appropriate approvals.
2. Provides administrative support related to financial data.
- Responds directly to school and home office personnel with regard to coding inquiries in most instances.
- Maintains vendor files in accounts payable system, assigns new vendor numbers, updates vendor information as needed.
- Responsible for voucher filing and maintenance of hard copy files.
- Properly classifies all payments in the accounts payable system to support for preparation of Forms 1099. Reviews all Form 1099 data and generates Forms 1099.
- Provides support to annual year-end audit. This activity includes reviewing all vendor files for completeness and providing vouchers to auditors as they request them.
- Provides research assistance for General Ledger Accountant in resolving coding inquiries received from school and home office personnel.
3. Assist in other matters as needed in the finance department, home office and/or at the schools.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; and ability to work independently.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records,
- Anticipate and resolve problems.
- Work well with all areas of the organization.
- Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports,
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Apply district, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Utilize pertinent software applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, YES Prep Public Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior as stated in Employee Handbook.
- Subscribe to the Whatever It Takes attitude of all YES Prep employees;
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible; and
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills.
Education and Qualifications:
High school diploma.
Minimum 3 years general accounts payable experience.
Microsoft Office expertise, particularly Excel.
Non-profit or governmental, fund accounting experience a plus. School financing also a plus.
APTA Fund software experience a plus.
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
Length of Work Year:
Year round; occasional evening and weekend commitments will also be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, supplemental insurance, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off program. This is a non-exempt, full-time, hourly position.
The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
YES Prep Public Schools - 19 months ago
These students are hooked on higher education. The University of Texas System runs nine universities throughout the Lone Star State with a...