The accounts payable administrator has shared responsibility for the company’s accounts payable function. This would include the timely and efficient processing of vendor invoices and payments, governmental compliance in the areas of W9’s, 1099’s, and sales/use tax, and providing quality customer service to internal clients and external vendors.
- Receive incoming vendor invoices, route invoices for approval, and track invoices to ensure that they are all accounted for.
- Review invoices that are ready to be entered into the accounting system. Determine the appropriate general ledger account number to be charged and apply sales and use tax if applicable.
- Enter vendor invoices into the accounting system.
- Coordinate the processing of multiple check runs each week including printing checks, gathering and matching up supporting documentation, and uploading positive pay files to the bank.
- Keep up-to-date with governmental compliance in the areas of W9’s, 1099’s, and sales/use tax.
- Manage the payment and processing of the corporate credit card program.
- Act as a point of contact for both internal and external clients for all accounts payable related issues.
- Configure and manage several spreadsheets of information for accounting.
- Perform accounting period-end tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts degree in accounting, with five years of accounts payable experience
- Demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel advanced functionality including pivot tables and vlookups
- Effective task management, dedication to high quality service, and thorough attention to details
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A strong level of energy to work with many internal clients and external vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of an accounting software package in a multi-currency environment (Deltek Vision preferred)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team
- Proven problem-solving skills
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Barr Engineering Company strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277.
Barr is an EEO/AA firm.
Barr Engineering - 17 months ago
Barr provides engineering and environmental consulting services to clients across the Midwest, throughout the Americas, and around the...