Description/Job Summary POSITION SUMMARY
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs accounts payable functions in support of the department’s financial tracking, processing and reporting requirements. Maintain the accounting system A/P sub-ledger. Build and maintain relationships with external vendors, Purchasing groups, Finance groups as well as Senior Management. You will work within established procedures in carrying out duties under limited supervision. Perform all functions related to processing invoices for payment, issuing credits and check processing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Evaluate workloads and implement changes as needed to improve productivity and increase efficiency.
2. Research and resolve complex payment and vendor issues to include contacting various department personnel to resolve discrepancies or problems.
3. Ensure all staff with travel or other reimbursable expenses are properly trained on Travel & Entertainment system and/or expense reimbursement form(s). Ensure that all travel and entertainment expenses are reimbursed according to the Hargrove corporate travel policy.
4. Ensure the timely and accurate processing / coding, posting and filing of all invoices, check requests/refunds and travel and expense documents.
5. Ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of invoices to approved POs as well as other monthly statements.
6. Ensure all invoices presented for payment are properly approved per the established approval matrix, and that invoices are paid timely so as to avoid late payment or interest charges.
7. Accurately process non-inventory invoices by obtaining proper coding and approval prior to entry and payment.
8. Provides assistance and training to other A/P and department staff.
9. Maintains a variety of records pertinent to Accounting such as corporate credit cards and Avis car rental accounts.
10. Prepare Journal entries as needed
11. Handling of all vendor related communications in a positive and proactive manner that leads to improved relations with our vendors.
12. Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary under the direction of the Department Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required.
• Four to six years of related experience. Previous Purchasing experience highly desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels (both verbal and written).
• Strong organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a high pressured, fast paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be self-motivated to work independently, but also as part of a team.
General office atmosphere. This position may require the ability to work occasional overtime/evening or weekend hours. Incumbent must be able to cover core business hours and change scheduled hours as requested to meet business needs.
Why Work at Hargrove?
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers paid time off, Health/Dental/Vision, FSA, Life/Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and a company match. Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
Who is Hargrove?
From major industry trade shows to high profile events and high quality exhibits that produce lasting results, Hargrove helps corporations, non-profits and government agencies bring their vision to life. Hargrove is a certified, woman-owned business and one of the top 20 companies in the US focused on providing a tailored and flexible service approach to the more than 1,000 tradeshow, event, and exhibit clients it serves annually.
Hargrove uses dynamic creativity, unparalleled service and an unwavering focus on quality to create world-class trade shows, special events and custom exhibits for our clients. Our unique solutions are not only customized to meet each client’s specific needs and goals, but delivered by a dedicated team focused on success. At Hargrove, our customer’s success is our success. Come join our team and take your career to the next level.
Hargrove, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.
Required Qualifications NEEDED ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate is confident, assertive, and capable of multi-tasking. This individual must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision. Candidate must be able to think on their feet, work as part of a team, and possess the ability to make people feel at ease.
Hargrove, Inc. - 20 months ago
Hargrove is a nationally renowned general contractor for trade shows, events and custom exhibits. From major industry trade shows to high...