Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
Position Summary :
Handle the complete accounts payable cycle for Socotherm operations in Channelview , TX .
Key Responsibilities :
o Input/data entry
- Process Accounts Payable vendor payments including:
o Reconciliation of subledger to G/L
o Reconciliation of vendor statment
o Printing checks
o “Positive Pay” bank transmissions
o Journal voucher submission
o Verification of three way matching of A/P Invoicing.
o Maintain and reconcile expense advance sub-ledger in Excel
- Review invoices, check requisition and travel documents to aid in preventing duplicate payment and to assure payment of proper amounts with accurate account coding.
- Provide input and demonstrate initiative to contribute to the Requisitioning, Purchasing and Accounts Payable (RPA) function.
- Process a variety of special items as assigned, including manual check requests and check voiding.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
- Post secondary education in Accounting or Accounts Payable
- 3 – 5 years experience working in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge and training in Accounts Payable
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with interruptions and without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and other programs, including word processing and spreadsheets, preferably Windows
- Understanding and respect for confidential information
ShawCor Ltd. - 17 months ago